Projects that require a Borough Certificate but are excluded from Pennsylvania’s Uniform Construction Code and are exempt from the requirement to obtain a permit. Local amendments relating to these items are allowed.
- Detached garages, carports, sheds, or greenhouses less than 1,000 square feet that are accessory to a single-family dwelling
- Fences 6' or less.
- Residential repairs – ordinary, emergency, or otherwise, unless the repair includes a structural change or affects means of egress
- Sidewalks, driveways, and other flatwork
- Swimming pools with a water depth of less than 24 inches
- Installation of residential elevators and lifts for use in a single dwelling unit (There are Department of Labor and Industry regulations separate from the UCC for elevators and lifts.)